Thursday 20 March 2008

Back to Work – Week Two

Monday 10th to Sunday 16th March 2008

I spend Monday at home doing odds and ends. I do a couple of hours work reading documents relating to my project. I am already feeling rather full stomached - or is that my stomach is shrinking again? - after only two days without Omeprazole, so I resume my tablet in the evening. It was worth trying, if only to see that I still need it!

I am up to the office on Tuesday. Martin has generously increased my daily fee and has had a contract drawn up. I get hold of some more background information for my project and go over to the offices on the Embankment to sign my contract. So here is a little more exercise for me, but I am tired in the evening. I am at home again on Wednesday. I do some sorting out reference my resuming self employment, including talking to Graham Hole over my likely tax and national insurance needs – very timely as it is budget day! I have two very productive lung physio sessions. I guess there is no end to this!

I work from home on Thursday but go to the doctor as I have a troublesome place on my head which has been there for about two years. It started off as dry skin, but has gone on to be irritating and occasionally sore and scabby. It has become a larger scabby place in the last few days and I didn’t want to wait another week until I say Tim Corbett. I am reassured that it is non-problematic sun damage. I get a referral to a dermatologist at Brighton and some anti-biotic Bactroban ointment to ensure any potential infection is dealt with.

I go to the office on Friday. I have a big coughing-up session about 11.30am, but I am able to find somewhere quiet for it, fortunately. Otherwise it is an uneventful day and evening, although I have to do my physio when I get home. I am very pleased with my first two week’s back at work and I think that I can manage whatever comes as long as I know my limitations.

Saturday is a relaxing day in preparation for Ella’s 7th birthday fancy dress party this evening down at Worthing. We go as cowboy and cowgirl - complete with hats! It is the usual children’s birthday chaos with Charrise doing a great job keeping everyone entertained and in order. Matthew and co. come to us for Sunday lunch and afters. It is a lousy day, so we don’t venture out. I do an hour of physio in the late afternoon. It is quite difficult and I am also tired. I fall asleep twice, hence half and hour becomes one hour! The nasty place on my head seems to be easing with the regular use of the ointment.

No comments: