Thursday 3 January 2008

A Quiet Week Recovering from Being In Dock

Monday 10th to Sunday 16th December 2007

I am back to the Day Unit for a blood test on Monday afternoon to find that my Neutrophils are up to 7.5. It looks as if I do not need to have my GCSF injections quite so often. The rest of my blood results are good - Wbc: 9.4; Lymph: 1.2; Hbn: 10.5; PLT: 117. My weight today is 72.2 kgs - much as expected. My Thursday results are - Wbc: 5.5; Neuts: 3.9; Hbn: 10.4; and
PLT: 125. My weight is down to 72 kgs.

The rest of the week is pretty low key for me. I am sleeping about two hours every day and well at night. I have no great appetite and am struggling to try to fill-in between meals with Fortisips etc. We go to Carol’s in Tunbridge Wells for our customary pre-Christmas Saturday. While Tina and Carol have a day in town, I spend the day at her house as I do not want to risk my lungs out in the open on a very cold day. Regretfully I am still not able to enjoy a glass of wine, but have mugs of tea and a beer instead - very not me! On Sunday we go to Gatwick to meet Anna and Eva off their flight down from Glasgow. They are down here until Thursday. It is great to see them.

No comments: