Monday 21 May 2007

A Weekend with a Cold and No Twickenham

Sunday 11th March 2007

A good night’s sleep. Up at 6.45am to start my medication, feed Tosca, get some fresh water and a cup of tea for Tina, then back to sleep – and I did sleep. Not feeling well enough to go to Mass this morning. Cold definitely with me for the weekend. The England - France rugby match at Twickenham kicked off at 3pm on a bright sunny afternoon. England’s new look team turned expectations on their heads and beat France convincingly. Both Tina and I could have been there with Richard’s party. But given how I am feeling today, there is no way that I should or could have been there. In fact had I tried, I think the consequences would have been dire for me from the hindsight of the oncoming week. I would have been frozen in the stand, would have had to keep going to the toilet every 15 - 30 minutes and could have caught something like pneumonia. Anyway, I saw the game in the warmth and sanctuary of our lounge on our new HD-ready Sony TV, but had not worked out how to record it! Dozed a bit in the evening and bed at 11.20pm. I am really leaden footed this weekend.

Breakfast: Mango and passion fruit juice (much better); yoghurt (better), Eat Natural cereal, cut pineapple, honey; water.
Lunch: Lentil and ham soup; ham, celery and raw carrot.
Dinner: Spanish pork casserole (excellent), couscous and peas; rhubarb yoghurt.

Saturday 10th March 2007

Up and feeding Tosca at 5.45am then on to the computer doing early emails – steroid effects no doubt! Feet and legs definitely back up and Mr Blobby is back as well – so diuretics resumed and those nice white compression stockings are back on with a vengeance. The steroids appear to have given me a florid, healthy complexion as well. It is somewhat deceptive as I don’t feel particularly healthy! I seem to have picked up some sort of a cold as well. For the past day I have been nose blowing and coughing up a mix of catarrh, etc. – quite a bit of it green, suggesting a possible infection. Fortunately my temperature is not high – 36.6c. I will contact Kings about all this on Monday.

I have gone off our filter water and Tina has bought me bottled instead – it is best straight from the fridge. Tina went into work for the morning. I walked up to the newsagents and butchers feeling somewhat woozy, then feet up for a while with paper and laptop. Am going to try to get this lot on to a web log today – we shall see how it goes!!! Phone calls and text messages all day and a nice visit from Sarah with flowers. Linda also sent flowers to Tina via M & S. Clarice and Clara – joined at the hip as Eve used to say! TV rugby all afternoon; TV evening after dinner then slept from 10pm to about midnight.

Breakfast: Mango and passion fruit juice (not quite right); Bio yoghurt (not right), Eat Natural cereal, cut pineapple, honey; water.
Lunch: Lentil and ham soup; banana.
Dinner: Chicken and stir fry vegetables (very nice); vanilla, ginger and choc chip ice cream – not ready for the plain chocolate yet.

No comments: